… that’s what BBC radio asked me to talk about. Here’s a snippet of the programme. Key points:
- Develop some emotional literacy. Check the emotions are accurate – hate ? Really? What exactly are you feeling?
- Calibrate the feelings on a scale of mildly miffed to murderously enraged
- What is it about the person that has this effect – what specific behaviour?
- What are you going to do about it on the continuum: from ‘let it go’ to ‘deal with it and get resolution’?
- What you can’t do is keep nursing all that negative emotion. It is bad for your well-being let alone your engagement and productivity.